Friday 9 May 2014

My top 3 lipsticks | Beauty's favour

                                 


So, spring is on its way and I can't express enough how much I love to wear lipstick! Year in year out I always have an 'everyday' lipstick that I'll use pretty much everyday as my go to! I have a 'night-out-dressy-uppy' lipstick that I like to wear when I am dressing up and maybe wearing a little more
makeup than usual. And a 'I fancy a bit of  a change' lipstick that I'll wear when I'm feeling a bit bored of my everyday go to one. (That I'll always end up going back to) I usually always buy my lipsticks from drugstores as I feel you can get just as good quality and shades than those that cost over twice as much, like why buy one lipstick in one shade when I can buy 3 for the same cost and have 3 different shades?

So. These are my current 3 most used drugstore lipsticks.



On the right - COLLECTION - VINTAGE ROSE
The one at the top. - AVON COLOUR RICH - CHIC
At the bottom - W7 - SCARLET FEVER

Vintage rose is my everyday lipstick, it's very close to my natural lip colour although it does look very nude on the picture it's actually slightly more pink, it's a satin texture and I love that, I actually bought this because I had an avon one in 'Frozen rose' which I loved, and then I lost it! And it wasn't in the avon book for AGESS! I purchased this one and a few weeks later I found my avon one in a bag I had used on a night out, and I didn't much like it anymore as it is a shimmer, I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks with little glitter bits in, however I can and do wear shimmer lipsticks.

Speaking of shimmer, my ' I fancy a change' lipstick is the avon shade in Chic. This is slightly darker and clearly has a shimmer look, its like a pinky-brown with a slight hint of red. it's just one of those things, you can't quite figure out why you like it, it's different but it's the same. No one really notices my change of lipstick but, i do. And that counts... Right? 

And finally my night out lipstick, obviously I don't ALWAYS wear this on a night out, but it's my brightest red and I'm telling you now, it smells AMAZING! I don't even know how to describe the smell. It's sweet, but not sickly, it's just yum! It's so smooth, and really Pigmented, and best of all they're so cheap I have this in another shade called toffee which smells just the same. 

I couldn't say whether any of these lipsticks are long lasting as I'm one of those people who reapplies anyway, which maybe isn't a good thing, but it's what I do, like a subconscious decision. I have no reason for it, I think I just enjoy to look of freshly applied lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment